Newsflash: The Subaru Forester, one of the most dynamic compact SUVs in Canada, is all-new for 2019 — and it’s better than ever. The styling is more athletic, with chiselled character lines, piercing hawkeye-shaped headlights and a bold stance. For an even more aggressive look, check out the new Sport trim and its jet-black and orange accent exterior treatment. Under the skin, the Subaru Global Platform creates increased strength and security, and helps take the handling of the Forester to exciting new levels. Inside, the redesigned passenger cabin is more spacious and filled with more high-grade materials, while the cargo area is wider and more versatile. To top it all off, the reengineered SUBARU BOXER engine and new Lineartronic® CVT generate greater fuel efficiency and enhanced response. And the Subaru Symmetrical Full-Time AWD, X-MODE and generous ground clearance create an SUV with authentic go-anywhere capability. If you thought the last Subaru Forester was a fantastic choice, just wait till you get behind the wheel of the new one!
Continuing with longstanding tradition, the 2019 Subaru Forester is well equipped right out of the gate with a long list of standard features, including Subaru Symmetrical Full-Time AWD, X-MODE, LED headlights, automatic climate control and heated front seats. Priced very competitively, the Forester gains a clear advantage when it comes to long-lasting value. In 2018, Subaru won the ALG Residual Value Award for Best Mainstream Brand, the fourth consecutive time for this recognition.
At the core of the all-new Forester is the Subaru Global Platform (SGP), which has enabled previous Subaru models to attain class-leading levels of crashworthiness and is expected to do the same once again. Other advanced safety systems include an available EyeSight® Advanced Driver Assist Technology system, available steering responsive headlights and available Driver Focus, a brand-new distraction mitigation system that uses facial recognition to detect driver fatigue or distraction.
Of course, the new Forester comes standard with a healthy 220 mm of ground clearance and the legendary Subaru Symmetrical Full-Time AWD system. But it’s also now equipped with an available advanced dual mode X-MODE system, which allows drivers to tackle deep snow or mud with complete confidence and convenience. All combined, these features give the Forester the genuine all-road capability that leaves competitors in the dust. Or the snow. Or the mud.
The all-new Forester features a reengineered interior with more space for passengers and all their gear, as well as a new extra-wide cargo area opening. These refinements, combined with the low lift-over height, flat-folding rear seats and tie-down hooks, help create an ultra-efficient way to transport items of all descriptions, from bicycles to camping gear and everything in between. The exceptional versatility of this compact SUV is further enhanced by the standard roof rails, which bring added convenience to plan more adventures and make more memories.
Superior agility and ride quality
Riding on the new Subaru Global Platform (SGP) is not only a safer proposition, it’s also a more spacious and comfortable one to boot. In terms of ride quality, stability and handling, the all-new Forester strikes an inspired balance—literally. This compact performer offers classic Subaru sportiness and agility, but combines these qualities with heightened steering response, reduced body roll, reduced vibration and better driveability.
Another tangible benefit of the new Subaru Global Platform (SGP): a roomier passenger cabin that takes comfort to levels usually reserved for far more expensive vehicles. The all-new Forester also features a more refined interior with new convenience features designed to make even the most adventurous journey a more relaxed ride.
The new Forester comes equipped with one of two high-resolution, multi-gesture touchscreens—either a 6.5-inch or 8-inch version. These touchscreens offer fingertip access to a wealth of infotainment, hands-free connectivity through the STARLINK Smart Access platform or Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto® compatibility. There is also an available GPS navigation for the 8-inch touchscreen. With such incredible infotainment systems available, it can only encourage more time on the open road.
- All-new Subaru Global Platform offering enhanced body rigidity and all-around safety
- All-new 2.5-litre horizontally opposed 4-cylinder, direct injection SUBARU BOXER engine
- 182 horsepower and 176 lb-ft of torque (on regular gasoline)
- All-new Lineartronic® CVT with an available 7-speed manual mode
- Standard Subaru Symmetrical Full-Time All-Wheel Drive
- Standard Active Torque Vectoring
- Standard X-MODE and Hill Descent Control for better traction on off-road terrain
- 220 mm of ground clearance for optimized approach and departure angles
- Maximum available towing capacity of 680 kg (1,500 lbs)
- Available EyeSight® Driver Assist Technology
- Available Reverse Automatic Braking
- Available Subaru Rear/Side Vehicle Detection System (SRVD) with Blind Side Detection, Lane Change Assist and Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Standard LED headlights
- Available Steering responsive LED headlights
- Available High Beam Assist
- Available Driver Focus Distraction Mitigation System
- Standard Rear-view camera
- Available 17-inch or 18-inch aluminum alloy wheels
- Up to 2,155 L of cargo space
- Wide tailgate opening allows for easier access to cargo space
- All-new available power tailgate design that allows for maximum cargo space
- Power sliding panoramic glass sunroof
- Redesigned driver, front and rear passenger seats with improved bolsters and padding
- Driver and front passenger, driver knee, front seat side-impact and side curtain airbags
- Available heated steering wheel
- Available heated rear seats
- Available driver and front passenger power seats
- Available dual-zone automatic climate control with available rear climate control vents
- Available LED cargo lighting on tailgate
- Available advanced 8-inch infotainment system navigation, AM/FM/CD/MP3/WMA audio system with high-resolution capacitive touch screen, Apple CarPlay®, Android Auto™, STARLINK™ smartphone integration (including Aha™ radio), dual USB port/iPod® control, auxiliary audio input, SMS text messaging capability, Bluetooth® mobile phone connectivity with voice activation and Bluetooth® streaming audio, SiriusXM™† Traffic, Travel Link and Satellite Radio installed (free 3-month trial subscription included)
† Subscription required
Press ESC to exit Full Screen
Close the Window
Sign-up and be among the first to discover the all-new 2019 Subaru Forester!
To receive the latest news, simply complete the contact information request form below.
Subaru Canada, Inc. | 560 Suffolk Court, Mississauga, Ontario Canada L5R 4J7 | www.subaru.ca